No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large ugly brown hollow fish, Italian, or other  (Read 444 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Large ugly brown hollow fish, Italian, or other
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:23:26 PM »
Hi all
Jons had this fish for a while, and today i noticed it had recieved some intesrest and a few views on my picasa album. I had assumed it was just an Italian one and never really thought to much about it (apart from i dont like it very much)
any ideas where its from ?
I havent got it to hand to measure but would say its around 30cm in length (ish)
many thanks
michelle
https://picasaweb.google.com/112538457954992188877/JonsFish#5583335339427395746

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Large ugly brown hollow fish, Italian, or other
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 02:17:48 PM »
must admit Michelle, it does have that generically 'tourist Murano' look about it.............although the plain olive colouring seems unusual  -  but they certainly can be single colours (I've had them in red)  -  as opposed to the often seen multi-coloured examples.   think they come in a wide variety of patterns.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 03:55:27 PM »
I think these sorts of fish things are eminently suitable for placement on the top of the loo cistern - watery theme and the right size - (as long as your loo doesn't do what ours does - something goes wonky in it's gubbins after the flush and it moans and it groans and it sighs and the entire loo vibrates....  my fish started wandering about!).
I thought some of these fishy things have recently been attributed to Nazeing?

(mine's an unusual one too, but it's got it's label on, made by Sticlart. Quite contemporary, a TKMaxx special.  :thup:)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 04:09:40 PM »
many thanks paul and sue.
jon collects glass fish and has quite a collection although i do moan every now and then and he sets a few free, definatly too many for the toilet im afraid Sue.
I will eventually get round to photographing and Identifying them all. He does have some really nice ones, then there is others, as with this one that i would gladly throw in the local pond  >:D
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand