No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: confirmation for Webb's 'bulls eye' pattern.  (Read 666 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
confirmation for Webb's 'bulls eye' pattern.
« on: April 10, 2011, 05:40:34 PM »
No glow under the torch, unfortunately, and seems poorly made - with the rim being out of circular, and the base (ground flat) a bit rickety, with the whole thing leaning to one side.     Looks as tho it shud be Webb's 'bulls eye'  -  but I can't get the pics. on David Encill's site to work  -  and believe most of this pattern made in either amber, clear, or uranium.            Quite a good circular ground/polished concave pontil mark, and quite a bit of wear  -  and looks as tho it must be at least 50 - 70 years old (or more).    Nearly 5"/120mm in diameter.   If it is Webb's, why do I almost never seen green, since that appears to have been a common colour for much glass pre 1945 ish??    All thoughts welcome, and thanks for looking??

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Re: confirmation for Webb's 'bulls eye' pattern.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 06:38:53 PM »
Hello Paul,doesn't look quite right to me but I have been wrong before ::) this is my first green one for you to compare ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 06:40:31 PM »
Paul's look more like Spring Green; not all Spring Green is uranium. Don't know if it is Webb though.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 08:20:24 PM »
thanks to both of you for your thoughts.          I agree, it doesn't quite look like Webb's green, so I still remain uncertain.   I will look thru some books during the week for other outputs that produced this bulls eye effect (that's if there are any).    I have a number of Webb's amber bowls and a couple of clear pieces, and this doesn't quie look the ticket.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 09:06:57 PM »
It's not a colour issue. There were two shades of green for the Webb's Bullseye: Evergreen, which is what Keith has, and Spring Green, which is what yours might be.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 08:14:11 AM »
thanks for the explanation - much appreciated :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand