No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need help ID these pieces  (Read 882 times)

Offline grams_stuff

• Members
Need help ID these pieces
« on: April 22, 2011, 12:27:33 PM »
There are no marks on these 3 pieces. Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Need help ID these pieces
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
 :hi:
Welcome to the gmb.
Would you be kind enough to post images of each vase in a seperate thread? - it saves us all getting confused about which vase we're talking about. It also helps to put a bit of a description of the vase in question in your title, even if it's just the shape or colour - something which will attract the attention of the folk who do know about it.

Also, good clear images of the bases helps a lot with identification, as do images of the rims and how they are finished off.
You can put 4 images in each posting in a thread. I'm sure somebody will be able to help with these bits of glass - I see you're located in the States - that's a help for us to get started.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline grams_stuff

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »
Thanks for your reply.  I will follow your instructions.  I'm limited to a dial up connection, so hopefully I'll be able to upload the pics before getting dis-connected.  I have been trying to research on the internet, but due to the limited speed, it's been pretty daunting.

I have boxes of glasswares that I'm going through and trying to identify.  My gram was an avid collector of everything that struck her fancy.  God Bless her, as so many different things struck her throughout her lifetime!  I don't have room to keep or store it all.  I have oodles of old pattern glass, milk glass, depression glass, newer crystal(?), etc. and am pouring over library reference books trying to identify pieces.  It's been frustrating and exhausting to say the least.

I've inherited a new hobby and am very much interesting in learning everything I can.

Thanks again, for your reply and I look forward to hearing from you all.  I will try to upload that little green vase to start with.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 06:01:31 PM »
Sounds like we've got another budding glass addict in you - you've found the right place!
Hope you settle in well and enjoy yourself here.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline grams_stuff

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 07:06:34 PM »
Thanks for making me feel welcome.

I'm surrounded by glass at the moment and going to start cleaning stuff up a bit and trying to organize and figure out what it all is.

I wish I had a faster connection, it would make this a lot easier in just zipping through ebay and other shops and trying to find identical "unmarked" pieces.

Offline ju1i3

• Members
    • London
    • Hyacinth Vases
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 08:18:26 PM »
All I can contribute is that the green vase is a hyacinth vase but no idea of maker, etc. Reasonably modern.
Julie

Offline grams_stuff

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 11:50:57 PM »
Thanks. 

You set me on the right path with another piece of glass that is 100% hyacinthvase that I have. 

www.hyacinthvases.org.uk/

I figured all 3 of those pieces are pretty "modern" and would be easier to recognize.  I think the one on the far right is called a "poppy pod" style.

Thanks again! :hi:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand