Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

Skrdlovice - Identified Items

<< < (3/76) > >>

rocco:
Thanks, David! - I am very content with my Czech collection so far (but wouldn't mind to add some more Exbor pieces; unfortunately too rare and/or expensive).

Anik, as I am not so fond of basket type things there are more for you again :)
And I don't buy bowls any more -- take up too much storing space...

I counted my Czech glass - Skrdlovice is appr. 28 % of it ;D

Michael

Anik R:

--- Quote from: rocco on May 04, 2011, 11:35:53 AM ---Anik, as I am not so fond of basket type things there are more for you again :)
And I don't buy bowls any more -- take up too much storing space...

--- End quote ---

I dislike baskets... strongly.  I find them strangely grotesque.  But this basket-vase is different from others I've seen.  I'll post a photo when I get it.  As for bowls, though some a very attractive, I don't buy.  It takes up more space (which I don't have) to display a bowl than it does a vase.  :)

rocco:
Anik, I agree with everything you said :)
So even more curious for a pic of your new basket-vase...

And here's my Skrdlovice piece Nr. 13, again a Stahlikova design.
Interesting for the experts, I guess: this one seems to be a second, bottom is engraved "II".
(It has a minor flaw at the inside, that is why I guess).

Michael

langhaugh:
Michael:

That is a lovely piece, one of my favourites.  But just to show you that good Skrdlovice can come from outside of Vienna here's my latest piece found in Ladysmith, BC, a hotbed of Czech glass lovers. It's a Hlava design from the 70's and weights 2.2 Kg.  Anik, there's more to Canada than just good hockey. Time to visit and build up your Skrdlovice collection.

David

rocco:
David, what a great find! - I think Pavel Hlava only rarely designed for Skrdlovice...
I would be very jealous -- if I had not been lucky myself today. Have you seen the cut vase in my other thread? :chky:
(And I also found my very first Prachen piece, a nice blue Koudelka vase)

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version