No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Canadian Glass Bowl - ID needed for Label  (Read 7602 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Large Canadian Glass Bowl - ID needed for Label
« on: May 02, 2011, 05:13:34 PM »
Clear glass cased in amber glass with four pronged foot - 20" long, 8" wide and 8" high this is a huge piece of heavy glass

Now label is in good condition and the whole piece looks 60s or 70s - I get "Handcrafted in Canada" and the paint brush logo but the main script of maker is difficult to see Giolanni? what ever its looks Italian

Any Canadian collectors out thre can help

Thanks Adam

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Large Canadian Glass Bowl - ID needed for Label
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 05:26:18 PM »
Chalet glass maybe?

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 06:13:52 PM »
I think it is generically Chalet - but I was wanting to know which branch as it were - that name in script looks Italian of origin

Thanks Adam

Offline hart2hart

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:15:23 PM »
The label will read Giovanni.... Although looks like Chalet Artistic glass and Lorraine Industries not much is know about the label some say made by chalet with Giovanni boutique label some say it is a Canadian company which duplicated Chalet Artistic Glass....nothing positively comfirmed on this sticker as of yet. Dar

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 05:04:14 AM »
Love it!!  Super when it has the label on it!!  A +++++

Here is some reading for you this article it says * Click HERE  

""When searching for Chalet Glass, you’ll find other similar looking Canadian made examples that are either unmarked or have labels for companies such as Lorraine, Giovanni, and Chantili. These pieces are no less important than Chalet, and should not be overlooked. (Actually, Chantili was not a manufacturer but a Montreal distributor whose glassware was made primarily by Chalet. Chantili pieces have a sandblasted mark done in the Chalet style.) The importance of all these pieces will increase once researchers begin to document and publish the history and products of these companies.""
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline Alsretro

• Members
    • Scotland
    • My Ebay items
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 05:53:47 PM »
I picked up an example of Giovanni Creations this week. While researching it I found this link http://www.chaletvintageartglass.com/#!__exhibit where mention is made (paragraph 3) of a Chalet artist called Giovanni Voltolina. Maybe just a coincidence but maybe he had something to do with Giovanni Creations. My vase is 11 1/4ins tall and weighs just over 2kg.
Alastair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand