No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Small ruby vase - country of origin? ID = Natascha Zaludova for Leerdam  (Read 2767 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
I thought may be this was Scandinavian.  Its only 4¾" high and beautifully made with a polished pontil mark.  I just love the shape.
It just reminded me of some Nuutarjarvi Notsjo pieces, but I don't think it is that.

What do folks think please?
Anne E.B

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Small ruby vase - country of origin?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 05:46:41 AM »
Congratulations - that is an expensive little item, designed by Natascha Zaludova for Leerdam in 1961.  The vases exists in various sizes and there are several collectors who would consider murger to get their hands on one.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
 Yay :smg: Thank you so much Ivo :thup:  And I've just spotted it on your European Glass website. 
I don't intend to keep it and hope to sell it on very soon.  I must admit its the first piece of Leerdam that I've come across and I hadn't considered them as a possibility. :-[
Anne E.B

Offline lmj

• Members
Hi Anne where did you see the European glass website that Ivo has ? Lynn

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
If I knew how to access it I would be taking it offline; it has not been maintained for 10 years and is just an awkward look into the knowledge and tech possibilities of 15 years ago. Just don't go there! :ooh:

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
I was lucky enough to find a 21cm version a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks Anne & Ivo!
robbo

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Fantastic find - and size!  :o
Anne E.B

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
Thanks Anne - I'm so pleased with it. The ruby colour is amazing.

R
robbo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand