No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Old bottle vase maybe recent maybe victorian glass???  (Read 1122 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Re: Old bottle vase maybe recent maybe victorian glass???
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 08:29:42 AM »
Gowd this is a puzzler the rim appears to have an applied trail around it as maybe can be seen in the last photograph, I have shone a torch down but its very dark and dirty with lots of stuff stuck down there at present i will try to wash out when i get home tonight but the torch does shine through higher up the vase it appaears to be a spearmint colour and you can see almost like swirls similar to slag glass but obviously all in similar colours so hard to make out have managed to get hold of a jewellers magnifying tool and the snapped pontil scar ive looked at and it does look like glass on the areas around the scar you can see the clear snapped glass still!!! would say the wear doesnt seem very great to the base but using a magnifyer you can see spots of wear as the base isnt very flat i guess this would be where it catches the floor these small areas are worn!!
Will try and get some more shots this evening and post them thanks

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Old bottle vase maybe recent maybe victorian glass???
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 08:41:01 AM »
have you got a blacklight?  Might  be worth trying that on it.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand