No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Alexandrite possible 'Pen Holder' or ashtray'...? .....Age and origin..?  (Read 704 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
Hi,

Hoping someone could help throw some light on this one.  Not 100% sure of its use, although my gut feeling is that its a pen holder or if not an ashtray?

Made from alexandrite glass, polished and faceted sides. Any thoughts on age or origin appreciated.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Greg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
double check the bottom for a very very faint mark which says "Moser".

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Greg.

• Members
Thanks Ivo, will do, although couldn't see one at first glance.  Very similar to an alexandrite atomiser in style I use to own, which has the acid etched mark. I'll take another close look at the base to see if there's anything faded.

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Greg

Offline Greg.

• Members

Had a good look under a strong light and in natural light, doesn't appear to be marked, unless its been rubbed. Was the majority of Moser always marked Ivo..?

Thanks,
Greg

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
I think so yes.

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Looks like it might be related to mine - seen here http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6162.msg52557.html#msg52557 and possibly ZBS.  Mine isn't marked on the base either.
Anne E.B

Offline Greg.

• Members
Many thanks Anne, that's all very interesting stuff. Does look to be an exact match to yours. I'll put it down as Czech for the moment and possibly ZBS. Nicely made item and look especially nice in alexandrite.

Do you know if anyone managed to determine the age of these?

Thanks for the link and info Anne, much appreciated.

Greg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand