No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mdina lamp base!!!!!!!!wow!!!!!  (Read 2925 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Mdina lamp base!!!!!!!!wow!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 04:17:49 PM »
There is no blue in these vases Sue.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 04:26:12 PM »
I'm sure there is in mine - it's just very, very pale.
I suppose it might appear because of the blue effects of silver metal, having just gone and peered at it and through it and around it, both backwards and forwards.....

Do you think this one is brown or amethyst over yellow, then?

- I'm giving up on colours for today - I'm getting a purple headache with it all!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 04:44:50 PM »
Sorry Sue, I should have said in these two vases, the vase in this post and my one. Mine is all yellow ochre, brown where it is most concentrated.

The blue effect at the top Dan's looks like the slightly bluey green tinted glass that was used at Mdina at first. You are right though, the other colour variations of this design definitely include blues.

John

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 04:52:56 PM »
There are so many variations to remember and think about with the earlier designs my head hurts and ive only just started collecting mdina, The blue trailed version of my vase is said to be the sort after colour if i remember rightly from the book i must say i prefer anything that doesnt look like every other piece of modern mdina the more i handle the earlier pieces the more it amazes me the how the input of michael harris and friends was in a far different league than the people of today no offence meant to the people who work there but the earlier stuf is just superior ... :tof:

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 05:10:19 PM »
You've noticed then? ;)

Some of the stuff produced for the few years while Eric Dobson was in charge is rather nice too.

John

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 06:44:49 PM »
 :24: :24: :24:

However, do not dismiss the current work by Olivia Said - she really is an artist to be reckoned with!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand