No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Rather nice decanter for your perusal  (Read 380 times)

Offline carolglass

• Members
    • Napier New Zealand
Rather nice decanter for your perusal
« on: May 25, 2011, 04:36:56 AM »
Measures 22cm tall.
Has mushroom shaped stopper with the same “sandblasted or acid etched” vari sized dots as the body, bevelled bottom. Decanter is ,I feel, mould blown with ground  and bevelled top, cut collar, panel depressions on the top half-these could be cut- vari sized dots around the body, smooth base with a very shallow bevel. The colour is a sort of peachy light brown for the decanter with the stopper being more a dark amber. So any takers on where and when it was made?? Still no access to my books as yet so flailing around in the dark here.
regards Carol
Carolglass

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Rather nice decanter for your perusal
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:45:55 PM »
Seems they got to NZ as well.  See http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,38750.0.html where mine was asked about.  No luck yet - let's hope yours has better results.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand