No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: uranium optically ribbed bowl for id  (Read 1095 times)

Offline ju1i3

• Members
    • London
    • Hyacinth Vases
Julie

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
Re: uranium optically ribbed bowl for id
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 05:14:12 AM »
I took my Kristalunie Maastricht book out to compare the 1931 Roozendaal vase with yours - I don't think it's the same vase.

The 1931 design is indeed a vertical optic round vase that Roozendaal designed to be sold at Metz & Co, a shopping mall in Amsterdam in those days, but I see a difference from the photo in the book.

The vase to be ID'd here has ribs that do not go down entirely straight, but curve slightly to the left towards the bottom (shown to be the same on the ebay vase, so that looks to be deliberate) while Roozendaal's ribs go straight down (in all his ribbed designs that I've seen so far).

Julie's vase could be this Roozendaal, but I'd have to see the rim more clearly to compare.

The one on Pamela's site could be Roozendaal's 1931 vase - the photo in my book has 8 ribs total on that vase, Pamela's has at least 2 more, but that could be a size issue.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand