No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Question regarding a "stump Lady" flower frog?  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Question regarding a "stump Lady" flower frog?
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 06:44:09 AM »
There's been a lot of confusion over these and definitely more than one maker. The 1956 catalogue shows the lady with her hands over her breasts and her right leg on top. The lady with bare breasts and her right leg on top frequently appears in a 2565 bowl, so I think it is safe to assume the right leg on top ladies are Sowerby and the others are not; particularly as Meegs' left leg on top matte black lady is in a colour not made by Sowerby when these were made (or at least not as normal production).

Wayne is very good but isn't always accurate; indeed he may not have noticed the legs.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline kitty-kat1234

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 06:55:04 AM »
Thank-you for explaining that for me.
I thought i did good  :wsh: :pb:
cheers kat

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline meegs

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 07:51:26 AM »
Kitty-Kat1234,
Unfortunately I don't have a Sowerby example holding her hair in front but as I have found there are many different examples of these lovely ladies coyly holding there hair at their chest.....

The lady on the left with her hands in her lap (Thanks to Christine) I think I can safely assume is Sowerby.

Cheers
Meegs (who is now hunting for a Sowerby example!)

Offline kitty-kat1234

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 09:06:56 AM »
Thanks heaps meegs,they are beautiful!
I have  Bagley's Andromeda in frosted amber but no bowl,i think its the "Queen choice bowl".
Now i have to keep working on posting photo's,need to work out resizing them to put as attachments :thud:
cheers

Offline meegs

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 09:52:44 AM »
Kitty-kat1234
Andromeda is one of my favourites, depending on whether she is pegged it not she either sits in a bowl (with a flower block if she is pegged)  or in the centre of a posy ring.

For a quick resizing on a windows operating system I re-size my photos for posting by making a copy of the photo file and sending it to "my documents", opening the copy with "paint", clicking on the "image" button and then clicking on stretch/skew to reduce the image by equal percentages in the stretch part. (eg from 100% to 50% both horizontally and vertically). The larger the original file size the greater the reduction needs to be. I then save this file (making sure I save as a jpg). By checking the properties of the file you can see if you have reduced the photo to 125 kb or less. If you need to you can repeat the process. When I'm posting the photo I click the browse button here in the post reply section , find "my documents" in the "look in" drop down section, click thumbnails on the menu button (blue square looking button) and voila there is my image I can click on and open so it posts.
Hope this helps,
Cheers
meegs

Offline kitty-kat1234

• Members
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 10:22:26 AM »
Thanks i will try tomorrow when no kiddies are home.
I have some lovely (well i think so LOL) pieces i need help with so i gotta get the photo thingy right.
Sorry for taking over your thread!
cheers kat

Offline kitty-kat1234

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 01:50:06 AM »
When i can i will put up a photo off her :X:
cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand