No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Odd large Bohemian iridescent vase with circle pattern and grill  (Read 778 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
hmm, I have been through every single picture I can find including all my saved links etc and I can't match this pattern. The photo makes it look misshapen but it isn't , it's just an illusion because of the curved ribs.  Measures 6 1/4" (15.5cm) widest by 5 1/4" high (13.3cm).  Mould blown , the rim is polished and bevelled on both sides even though it has a grill.  The grill I think is original.  It is iridescent and glows with a bronzey, purpley, bluey touch here and there.  It is a curious vase.  I haven't taken the best pic of the base but it looks as though it went skewiff into the mould and one bulge or rib is slightly squashed and misshapen as it hits the base edge.  Inside there is a long sort of sticky out bit of glass that is smooth to the touch but looks as though an extra thick sticking out slick of glass curved round and got caught there.  The mould pattern is crooked on the base perhaps because it was spiral ribbed?  Anyway, anyone got any thoughts on who or what pattern please?  I checked as many decors as I could find and I can't find a match on the usual suspects.
thanks for any help  :sun:
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Odd large Bohemian iridescent vase with circle pattern and grill
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 11:58:24 PM »
Looks similar to Kralik 'spiraloptisch',think I've spelt that right ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 03:52:49 AM »
Not Kralik Spiraloptisch.... Pattern is too regular........  lots of circles here.. none of the curved lines... 
Attached is a Kralik Spiraloptisch.....
An interesting piece... not sure I have seen the decor before.
You always seem to come up with interesting pieces...   :thup:

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:04:29 PM »
thank you both for looking and Craig thanks for the closer up view of the spiraloptisch pattern.  I knew it wasn't this, but was curious to see if the 'circles' looked the same and couldn't find a decent pic to compare.  I don't think they do look the same now having seen your pic.
I'll keep a look out to see if I can spot a similar in the future.  It has 6 ribs/bulges, just for future reference.
thanks again
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand