Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

New discovery: Monart uranium glass

<< < (9/10) > >>

chopin-liszt:
I've been visiting Perth Museum again. This time, I took the good camera with me (and got myself stuck between cabinets, crawling all over the floor - I have no shame) with Michael holding the UV torch to try to get some better images of the big cylinder vase.

It's unfortunately at the back of the cabinet - and not properly lit, the lights miss it.

orangeglass:
great pictures Sue!
The cylinder vase is exactly the same colour scheme as my vase, but mine has less blue and more like the top part of the cylinder vase.
I can see clearly now the chalice  "combing" (is that the correct term?) effect on it.
Thank you for your efforts - really must get north of the border when I can  ;D

Roberta

chopin-liszt:
 :)
I had a tiny stroke of good luck in a charity shop just before we went to the museum. I found a pink Monart pin dish - exactly the same as the one on display... I was wandering around with it in my hand - and nobody noticed that I appeared to have appropriated an exhibit.
First trial for my planned daring attempt to liberate the cylinder successful.  ;D

Yes, the chalice came out really well - (I had the good camera with me, thanks to Lustrousstone for that) and yes it's called combing.

I managed to get a nice pic of this vase - but it's not Uranium.

Frank:
It is not combing which is achieved with pulling a combing tool. More a ribbed dip mould decoration.

orangeglass:
I assumed the ribbed mould created the more obvious lines, but how are the "wiggly" lines going the opposite way created - this is what I thought was the "combing"?
Is it all done with ribbed moulds then?

Thanks for any info,
Roberta

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version