Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Animals & Figurines

Large (2ft) Horseshead can you help? Murano?

(1/5) > >>

Murfin:
Hi,
Could anyone help I have a fab horseshead most likely Murano and signed but can't id the signature. It's large about 2ft tall on a sandblasted plinth. I'm no experts just know what I like. Apologies if this has been posted twice. I'm new to this.

flying free:
wow, that is pretty amazing!  Sorry I can't help with the sig but I'm sure someone will be along shortly and be able to decipher it.
Does it change colour under long life lightbulb?
It's beautiful.
m

Murfin:
Thanks. I think it's stunning and would welcome any info. I haven't had it under a longlife bulb so I don't know! There is always afirst time:)

flying free:
well if you have one and try it, it may turn pale blue - if so it is neodymium glass.
It does look quite intensely coloured so perhaps not, but it is worth a try - always very exciting to realise glass can change colour (unless, like me, you opened your shopping bag expecting the lime green chunky glass bowl you'd picked out in the charity shop and instead, when unwrapped out of the newpaper, you had a dirty pink bowl;D)
the first word looks like Germano to me.
m

jonchellycain:
My first thought was Licio Zanetti, but the signiture isnt right for Licio. see here for and example.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,28049.15.html
Beautiful piece, sorry i couldnt be any more help though
michelle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version