No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lidded Bowl set with Lace Design - ID = Hazel Atlas' Florentine No.1 aka Poppy No. 1  (Read 4121 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
 :hi: there:

Found this at an Estate sale.  Lidded Glass bowl with a lace like Design on it.  About 9 inches long, 7.5 inches wide --  and about 5  inches tall with lid.  It does glow, but I have to get some new batteries here for the UV light.

Any ideas on the Year, or the maker?  Pattern name? 

Needs to have a bath.....  :24: ...as i can see some dirt in the pattern  :spls: but I took pic first.  What kind of bowl is this for -- or what use?  Will post a *Glow Pic* later...

Thanks all for any info... :kissy:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Lidded Bowl set with Lace Design (***Glows too)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 10:32:52 PM »
Hi Rose

looks American (Jeannette?) to me, but cannot find a perfect match right away

You might also look here  LINK REMOVED  - wonderful gallery 

Mod: Links to clicksnipwow removed as site is no longer connected to glass. Please visit http://chataboutdg.com/forums/ and use the search function instead
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 10:57:53 AM »
Can we see the whole pattern from above, but definitely 1930s American depression glass.

I think it might be Hazel Atlas'  Florentine No.1 aka Poppy No. 1. It's the covered oval vegetable dish.  (No. 2 has a rounded outline.)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 11:20:41 AM »
 :clap: thanks Christine, that's the one I couldn't find last night!
 :sm:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline dinklepip

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 05:01:15 PM »
wicked site thanks for the link Pam

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 08:22:22 PM »
Can we see the whole pattern from above, but definitely 1930s American depression glass.

I think it might be Hazel Atlas'  Florentine No.1 aka Poppy No. 1. It's the covered oval vegetable dish.  (No. 2 has a rounded outline.)

Thanks!!!

Will do to get a better shot of the Pattern for you.....as I was having NO luck finding the pattern.  Some looked like -- then when I compared, they were different. 

You folks have *such* good eyes  8) and Knowledge here !!! Bravo !!

:thup:

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »
 :hiclp:  And you, Rose, did well photographing it with all the dirt - very sophisticated close-up  :smg:
Pamela

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 09:03:44 AM »
:hiclp:  And you, Rose, did well photographing it with all the dirt - very sophisticated close-up  :smg:

:24: :24:

The dirt *helped* to accent the pattern on it.  See - there was a method to my madness ;D

Here is another pic of the design.  Does this help to see the over-all pattern?  Let me know okay....I can put some more Dirt on it......any type of dirt.....LOL
:po:

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 09:51:18 AM »
Can I see the whole pattern to compare with the books; they don't have this level of detail, so I need an overall view.

The only knowledge is being able to take a stab at it being Depression glass and then having the reference books.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 03:03:12 AM »
Can I see the whole pattern to compare with the books; they don't have this level of detail, so I need an overall view.

The only knowledge is being able to take a stab at it being Depression glass and then having the reference books.

:hi:  I will do that for you when I get back home, the full pattern for a picture -- will not forget !!   :thup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand