No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Orrefors Bowl and Scandinavian? Vase  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Catisfaction

• Members
Orrefors Bowl and Scandinavian? Vase
« on: July 13, 2011, 04:32:11 PM »
Good Morning, I was wondering if anyone could put a name to this Signed Orrefors bowl for me, or perhaps help me figure out the designer.
The bowl is a light blue in color and measures 5 3/4" in diameter.

Also I have this vase which looks Scandinavian, like Ikea kind of Scandinavian. Can anyone help me to figure out where it might have come from or been made?
It measures 8" tall and 3 7/8" in diameter. The blue color reminds me of an Aseda vase that I own currently.

Offline px

• Members
Re: Orrefors Bowl and Scandinavian? Vase
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 05:26:03 PM »
Tamara Aladin's design for Riihimäen Lasi Oy, number 1472 looks very much like your blue vase. It was produced in 1967-1976 and apparently so in that smoky blue colour too.
http://www.designlasi.com/en/content/vase-1472-aladin-tamara-en  Mentioning IKEA does that mean there isn't much ware in the base?

Offline Catisfaction

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 05:30:32 PM »
Oh yes, that's the vase for sure, thank you ever so much!
The Ikea thought was because of the rings on the base. Most of the older Scandinavian glass I'm used to handling has the ground and polished bases, so I thought this might have been a newer machine made piece for the decorator market.
There's a little wear to the outer ring on the base.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 05:40:09 PM »
The salad bowl could be Hald HU1598/1 designed 1938 but in production until well in the seventies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand