No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Riihimaki vase pattern numbers and makers  (Read 1195 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Riihimaki vase pattern numbers and makers
« on: July 16, 2011, 09:37:35 AM »
I know the smokey grey vase is attributed to Tamara Aladin on the 20th Century Glass site - but I would really like its pattern number if possible.  The amethyst vase has a plastic RR lavel so I know it is Riihimaki but who designed it and is there a pattern number.  I have looked throught three Finnish sites and have yet to see this design.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
Re: Riihimaki vase pattern numbers and makers
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 10:11:06 AM »
Hi Ross.  The grey vase doesn't seem to be on the Design Lasi website, or in any of the Riihmaki books I have.  Maybe someone with access to the catalogues will know more.  I should also point out that I got the Tamara Aladin attibution from one of the Miller books...so it might not be entirely accurate.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 09:29:58 PM »
I wondered if the grey vase was perhaps the work of Joseph Stadler for Gral-glas, as that factory also did some colour-with-clear encased shapes around 1960 that were very reminiscent of the Finnish shapes. Sadly, I couldn't find this particular shape in the book. If it's not Finnish, German though could be an alternative. I think there were more German factories working in that style.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 07:20:57 AM »
I've had one in red with the blue "Made in Finland" label. Did any other Finnish manufacturers use this label?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »
Neither is officially attributed to Tamara Aladin. Supposedly they are, however, from the very large Riihimäen Lasi export range, of which we know a large part was designed by Aladin. The export ranges were sold anonymously -  the designers were not documented.
The smokey blue and red are colours used in RL, as well as the olive green I think I have seen that one, although it isn't of the most commonly found designs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand