No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: French uranium soda syphon  (Read 420 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
French uranium soda syphon
« on: August 10, 2011, 08:55:09 AM »
I presume the image is acid etched - and although I've had a brief look, haven't yet found much regarding Borel & Besse who according to the advertisment on the glass appear to have been at 20 rue Ernestine.    Optically moulded with a wrythen twist, and glows well, although didn't realize the lever was missing until after I had made the purchase :pb:       Main point is that it needs cleaning internally, but short of breaking the glass I can't seem to remove the top  -  which is very loose but won't come off.      Can't imagine these things made to be thrown away when empty, so there must have been a way of removing the metalwork (I hope).    Presumably pre 1940 - but can anyone be more specific on age for me please.     thanks for looking :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand