Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Malta Glass

Mdina pot - puleguso?

(1/2) > >>

Max:
I found this lovely little pot in an antique shop today.  It's about 4.5" high, and heavy.  Inscribed Mdina to the base.

It's not a design I've seen from Mdina before, with a acidy yellow puleguso (is it puleguso...there are small bubbles in it?) effect.  

I'm rather pleased with it...is it an older piece do you think?

chuggy:
Max I know nothing much about Mdina designs etc, but this is one of the few pieces I've seen that I really think is a cut above the average. Is the item puleguso all the way down with the coloured band overlayed?
Paul

Max:
Paul.  It's puleguso all over.  The turq band is thinly overlaid to the outer surface.

I'll stick another pic up in a moment - I've never heard of Mdina puleguso - maybe I'm wrong.  Random small bubbles sound about right?

I've lost some of the detail of the fine yellow tracery on the pot..but you can see the bubbles.

chuggy:
I reckon random bubbles, is the outer surface smooth, as in puleguso you frequently get a rough feel to the surface and burst bubbles. I've got an interesting puleguso jug I'll stick a piccy of up tomorrow and you'll see what I mean.
Istill think it's a really nice piece and one of the more interesting bits of Mdina I've seen though.
Paul

Max:
Thanks Paul...I like it too.  :D   Maybe it's not puleguso...inside and outside is smooth with no broken bubbles.   :?

Maybe Sue will manage to take a look later.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version