No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can anyone identify this octagon dish with little cameo like decorations, old  (Read 623 times)

Offline Abuzzzz

• Members
I have this octagon shaped dish that is clear glass with raised cameo sort of decorations on the outside. It looks pretty old judging by the wear. It measures 3.75 inches across the flat sides, and 4.25 point to point. It is 1.5 inches high. It is unmarked.  :help:

Thank for any help you can offer. It seems a long time ago I might have seen a hurrican lamp with this pattern, but too long ago to remember where.

Thanks my friends,
kathy :huh:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Abuzzzz

• Members
no guesses on this?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Can't help you with attribution/factory/use etc.  -  but can say that as it has six sides we should be calling it a hexahedron.    Think you're going to have to settle for calling it simply a 'pressed glass pin tray'  - unless someone suddently finds some provenance for you.    sorry this is of little use.     Not sure where you are Kathy  -  sometimes knowing location can help with intuitive guess work to narrow down possible sources, but if you have told us previously, then my apologies.  :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Abuzzzz

• Members
Well Paul at least knowing what to call it might help. Thanks.

I am in Alabama USA

Have a great day & thanks again.
kathy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand