No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Am I learning? - is this a Murano duck? - red and turquoise  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Am I learning? - is this a Murano duck? - red and turquoise
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 06:35:17 AM »
Do you mean feet or do you mean bases? I have four duck/swan things, all have bases but only one has feet.
The Carters one might have uranium in it. I have his brother in red and uranium and he is the one with feet.
http://lustrousstone.co.uk/cpg/displayimage.php?pid=877
http://lustrousstone.co.uk/cpg/displayimage.php?pid=878

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline jakgene

• Members
  • Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 06:42:07 AM »
Sorry Christine for any confusion.

The duck that started this thread has no feet - the body just sits on the round base. I thought I gathered from Anita's post that ducks with formed feet  rather than a base were valued more highly in $$ terms. - perhaps I misunderstood?

I did wonder whether this duck could be uranium - the turquoise layer made me wonder, but I don't have a black light to try it.

Son has one in his room somewhere he says and will dig it out  for me over the weekend, so if it glows I will post another photo. (I will get him the shovel so he can "dig") I wouldn't know where to start !

When the Carters lookalike duck arrives from Auckland I'll post another pic and pick everyone's brains again!
thanks all
JAK

jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass
British Glass, Scandinavian Glass, Murano Glass,
Paperweights. (and anything gorgeous!)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 06:48:30 AM »
I don't think your turquoise/red duck will be uranium, but your imminent one might be. Most Murano uranium is the yellowish green, especially for layered/sommerso/cased type things.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand