Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Resolved Glass Queries

Strange amber glass "object" ID= Dragan Drobnjak designer, Serbia

<< < (2/10) > >>

Anik R:

--- Quote from: rocco on September 24, 2011, 06:41:56 PM ---So could it be Czech?

--- End quote ---

I wish I knew. :-\   Perhaps Lednicke Rovne (Slovakia) is a possibility?  

By the way, I think I gave a broken link above.  Just in case, here is a link to the object in Jindrich's "Questions" section.

Frank:
Student piece seems likely and possibly based on another artists's work. Any competent glassmaker would not have made such a hash of the push-ins. The technique is commonly used in paperweights and is unusual in a glass object but the similarity in shape to paperweight might point to that as the original source of inspiration.

Anik R:

--- Quote from: Frank on September 24, 2011, 10:04:11 PM ---Any competent glassmaker would not have made such a hash of the push-ins.

--- End quote ---

That's exactly what I enjoy about that GMB and glass collecting world -- our perception and understanding of what we see can differ diametrically, depending on experience, knowledge, taste... Personally, I appreciate the internal 'mess'.  It gives the piece personality. :)

I just wanted to add that this is the third amber-coloured object I've seen.  Besides Michael's and the one on Jindra's site, there was one back in April on Allegro.

Pinkspoons:

--- Quote from: Max on September 24, 2011, 07:06:16 PM ---This object has been on the board before too, although I wouldn't have the faintest idea of how to search for it!
--- End quote ---

I faintly recall someone being adamant that they were made by Holmegaard - and wouldn't be told otherwise - because they'd had other ones in Holmegaard-type colours. I tried searching, but to no avail. I don't think anything useful came from the thread other than establishing that they're not Holmegaard.

rocco:
Oh great -- it is Holmegaard then? ;D (just joking)

Thanks all for your contributions!
If this is the third to appear in a short amount of time I wouldn't think it is a student piece...
And if all are without base or light fixture, it seems to be an object.

If Jindrich doesn't recognize it at once, I am not so sure about it being Czech...

Obviously I liked the internal "mess", too :)

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version