Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Animals & Figurines

Lampwork figure - baby with bottle/toy possible Czech, Brychta or similar?

(1/1)

flying free:
Lampwork figure no2 (my pics say with fruit but I think it's probably supposed to represent a bottle? or a toy?
I have searched as per figure no 1 and not found exactly the same, but the hair on this baby looks very similar to the way some glass was done on a Jaroslav Brychta figure I did find.
Again, any thoughts very much appreciated - thanks for looking  :sun:
m

Anik R:
Hi m...  the little boy is quite similar to the one found in the 1955 Zelezny Brod Glassexport catalogue on Pamela's Musterbuch site:  here.  I suppose he's holding a fruit.

flying free:
Anik  that's fantastic - thank you. And now seeing them all I suspect I was right at first and it is a fruit as you say.
I can't think why I didn't look on there ::)  I had found another large figure I had as well, dated to 1955 and I thought I'd found it in the CGR, so I didn't think to look at Pamela's site    I've searched and searched - the way the  hair is done is very similar to the skirt on another girl figure I found hence my  suspicions it was Czech.
Thank you very much.
m

Anik R:
Oh my...  and to think I was debating with myself whether or not to post. (I assumed you had already looked there.)
Glad I did.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version