No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: greeny yellow wine glasses hock? multi spiral air twist ID = Köln-Ehrenfeld  (Read 7637 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Ivo, I was going by the information on the Kilian site under a glass which is pictured above it (and looks to be the same as mine) -

Römer aus dem Tafelservice WILHELM. Rheinische Glashütten A.G Köln-Ehrenfeld um 1888. Schwach grünes Glas. Schaft mit eingeschlossenen spiralförmigen Hohlfäden. Abgesetzter Nodus. H. 19,5 cm
Lit. W. Schäfke: Ehrenfelder Glas des Historismus, Köln 1979, 180, Nr. 435.

I couldn't see in that description that there was a doubt about the origin of the glass?   I thought  the wording
Lit. W. Schäfke: Ehrenfelder Glas des Historismus, Köln 1979, 180, Nr. 435
was a reference to where the identification came from?

Also in the other link, the glass I referred to was three down on the left.  That one does not have 'ahnl' written on the description, it is id'd as Wilhelm and is the one on the page that looks exactly the same as mine.  The others that have 'ahnl' written under them are all slightly different to that one and to mine.

Did I misunderstand?
m

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Okay - you have them IDd properly, congrats.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thank you so much!!  :sun:
I'm now scared to use them at all although I do think they should be used at least once.
m

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
My concern was that your glasses didn't seem to be made in three pieces: bowl, stem and foot. Yours looked to be bowl and stem/foot

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Apologies for the late reply, but I've been away for a couple of days.
Yes, I can see exactly what you mean on the photographs Christine :)  They are so impeccably made it does look like that.  The foot is drawn up in the middle very slightly as a shape, where it joins the stem, and in person you can just, on some of them, feel the 'join' as it were.
m

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Nice result!

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thank you  :sun: and also for the help and ideas you, and everyone, gave.  It encouraged me to keep looking to find a match - I'm delighted with the result  :hiclp:
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
So you should be - and delighted with your tenatious sleuthing to get the id.
They're just gorgeous - don't let the children near them.

Mother gave me a sip of wine from a crystal glass when I was a toddler (she started me off on the booze at an early age) I took a bite out of the glass at the same time as the sip of wine.
There were panics for ages before the bitten-off bit turned up - in mother's cup of coffee a few days later. :spls:
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Thanks Sue  :sun:

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: greeny yellow wine glasses hock? multi spiral air twist ID = Köln-Ehrenfeld
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2016, 12:01:24 PM »
I've just added two more at a price I could afford :) to make it a set of 8.
Very happy to have a couple of 'spares' just in case. Might use them more often now.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand