No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Unusual Colour Mdina Textured Bottle  (Read 3353 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Unusual Colour Mdina Textured Bottle
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 08:34:05 PM »
Never seen that variation before either, same colours used here by the look of it: https://picasaweb.google.com/Johnmj100/LaterMdinaGlass#5625166132701213906

John

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 09:45:59 PM »
James, was this the one that came up for sale a few years ago online..? Its the only one I seen before with that trailing, very unusual indeed.

Offline jimbo1

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 10:03:40 PM »
Hi Greg,

I believe it is the one that was online about 2/3 years ago, I purchased/swapped it from another Mdina collector who purchased it from Ebay.

The trailing sits on top of the textured glass, a real nice design. I also have a real dark green/blue version with the narrow top. I mainly collect Whitefriars so these textured pieces appeal to me.

James

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 12:07:30 PM »
That's fabulous!  :thud:
Never seen one of those before either!

I've been "collecting" and studying Mdina since 2000, I found I have a knack for recognising it without the need for markings or knowing what was "out there" - it speaks to me. (With a sort-of break for 4 years because of illness, but still trying to keep a bit of an eye on it.)
Things I've not seen before are few and fairly far between. I do think my not having seen something before is a reasonable indicator of scarceness.  :sun: :sun:
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 10:36:04 PM »
Love all of these pieces - the amethyst with the trails on top is gorgeous  :sun:
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand