No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: scandinavian print lidded jar  (Read 351 times)

Offline OxfordElla

• Members
scandinavian print lidded jar
« on: November 07, 2011, 12:56:49 AM »
This is a scandinavian transfer print jar that I have had for about a year, but i haven't been able to find out any information about it. Please help if you can - i want to use if for a forthcoming charity exhibition

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-arts-in-mind/6320178014

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-arts-in-mind/6319660475

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-arts-in-mind/6319654185/in/photostream

thanks- Eleanor Reid - founder of The AIM - the Arts in Mind - a new not for profit community arts and music organisation which works with the public and especially vulnerable adults and children in Oxford, through art, craft and music tuition and workshops. Raising money via vintage for the community.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: scandinavian print lidded jar
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:09:28 AM »
Is there anything we should know that makes you say Scandinavian? Or can we also include American in the search?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline OxfordElla

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »
Ah! good point! I have no idea where it comes from - I got it last year from the Animal Sanctuary Shop in Summertown, Oxford, which is a very cosmopolitan area where people from all over the world come to work to study/research/work at the university - so literally things from all over the world turn up there.

What I was talking about is print itself - which is clearly of scandinavian origin with the stylized curved bird beak - but very interesting if it is actually american! - I am having a round in the quiz at my vintage event that will be "Scandinavian - or not?" and this would fit in either way -

Thanks - Eleanor

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 10:24:25 AM »
I suggested American because obviously the glas is machine made and decorated in the style of Briard or Higgins or West Virginia - there may be others. Factory blank means t is from a large company. The combo with decoration is not very likely to be Scandinavian.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand