No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 572 times)

Offline stumped

• Members
Help Please
« on: November 19, 2011, 06:09:30 AM »
I bought my first pieces of what I think are vintage glass.  I bought them b/c I thought they looked interesting and am trying to find out what they are and the worth....If some are worth more I may try to sell them otherwise I will keep them on display.  I know absolutely nothing about glass and have spent the last few days trying to find these items online, I have found similar items but then seem to hit a dead end.  Can anyone help??  Any information is greatly appreciated!

Not sure what this even is and I am not sure if you can tell the color but it is purple:

I think this one is my favorite:

This is almost a mint green color (it is also the only one with markings as far as I can see- I think they say F.T.D.A. 10 made in USA):

Light pink:

Thanks!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Help Please
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 07:46:54 AM »
Hi Stumped, and welcome to the GMB. :)  It's best to start a new thread for each item, providing dimensions of the piece, a written description (so that in the future, others with a similar item will be able to find it when using the search function) and more photographs, not least of the base.  Please take a look at "Board Information, Help & Announcements" for more information to help you get started.

Once an item will be identified, you'll be able to search the Internet to see what 'value' it's got, and what you could feasibly sell it for. 

Best!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 08:10:44 AM »
Welcome to the board  :rah:.
I would like to add that it will help us if you can give your approximate location - looking at your pictures I'd guess you're in the US?

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 04:02:41 PM »
Hi and welcome to the board.  :hi:

In addition to what Anik said above about one item per topic, can you please resize your pics and add them to the board using the attach facility, so that once ID'd the info then stays on the board to help others. Pics hosted elsewhere can get removed over time which renders the topic useless and frustrates other board users.

A descriptive subject line also helps, rather than a generic "Help please":
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,17458.0.html

If you need help with images see our help topic here:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6522.0.html or ask a Moderator or me if you get stuck.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 05:46:23 PM »
I think your ashtray (pic.1) could be a vintage Viking one  :X:
See here http://www.vikingartglass.com/photogallery.php?cat=155  (scroll down about three-quarters of the way - 3rd column right hand side).
Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand