No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium Sundae dishes  (Read 438 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Uranium Sundae dishes
« on: November 26, 2011, 05:08:21 PM »
Hi, I picked these up in the usual hunting ground, a charity shop. I have seen on here that they could be called grapefruit or sundae dishes but these seem small for grapefruit. They are 2 inches in height and have 10 segments (maybe a grapefruit connection there  :D) in the lower half of the bowl with straight sides and a dark green foot. Its a set of 4. This might be a stupid question but for future reference, whats the difference between the two ? Im still looking for a maker so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Uranium Sundae dishes
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 08:13:47 PM »
Just dessert bowls. Grapefruits tend to be deeper and have upturned saucer bases. Don't know who made them, though I've got these and matching glasses in two sizes. They're pretty common and my guess would be post-war Czech.
http://lustrousstone.co.uk/cpg/displayimage.php?pid=540

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: Uranium Sundae dishes
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 10:09:06 AM »
Thanks for the info. I don't see many sets of 4, usually 3 or 2 together. They seem to pop up around here (NE) quite often. I have a few with the turned bowl. Thanks again.
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand