No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bernsdorf (German) uranium vase.  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Bernsdorf (German) uranium vase.
« on: December 15, 2011, 01:36:01 PM »
this is the smaller half of a recent post, and as requested am now posting on its own.     Just to show that occasionally I do find things in catalogues, this is an uranium example of what I believe is a Bernsdorf vase  -  which can be seen in Olive as the very first item on Pamela's 'glass pavillon' site under Bernsdorf.       Recorded with a date of 1932 and catalogue ref. No. 01439.    An attractive vase with oval lenses on alternate panels on the central two bands only  -  although not easy to see on either Pamela's Olive or this uranium example.    This example is a good lemon/green colour, and glows well.         Hope I got all that right :)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Bernsdorf (German) uranium vase.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 01:52:59 PM »
thanks Pamela  -  not really my area, so if you would like it for the museum, do let me know some time. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand