No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: LUXVAL vase - pattern name & approximate date wanted  (Read 3933 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
LUXVAL vase - pattern name & approximate date wanted
« on: January 04, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »
Justb bought this LUXVAL vase off Ebay.  Can't seem to see it in Pamela's 1935 catalog.  Wondered if someone can give me the pattern name and approximate date of manufacture, please

230mms tall & 135mms wide at the rim.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: LUXVAL vase - pattern name & approximate date wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 01:47:51 PM »
Finally the label.

Ross

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »
Is the name of your piece not Luxval, perhaps?
The VSL on your label means Val St. Lambert, Ross - (or am I teaching grandmothers to suck eggs?)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 04:03:47 PM »
Loads of different patterns in the range  'sergil' 'egmont' 'baden' to name a few, sell well normally a lot listed as celery vases a catalogue link here if you scroll down quite a few pages of the different ones here definitely '30s but not sure how long after they continued making them?

http://www.glas-musterbuch.de/LUXVAL-1935.117+B6YmFja1BJRD0xMTcmcHJvZHVjdElEPTUyMTcmZGV0YWlsPQ__.0.html

Ross I don't normally comment on something I know nothing about but the link has helped me in the past I normally stick to the old Yorkshire adage 'If you've nowt to say say nowt'  :wsh: 

Chris

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »
There's some interesting info on Luxval in the link below, although needs translating via your Internet browser unless you speak French that is....

http://users.cybernet.be/darvani/Val_Saint_Lambert_Luxval.htm

Here's a little translated info about the production of Luxval..(taken from the above link)            

"All these defects may have explained the commercial failure of Luxval. Currently, Luxval are back in fashion as a good number of products "popular" as well as in another area of ​​the earthenware dishes Brothers Boch La Louviere Belgium. A large part of the production is inspired by the Art Deco style. Many pieces of this style were produced in 1935 as models "Noemie", "Edward", "Romeo", "Victoria", "Marcelle." Val St. Lambert certain collections will continue until the '50s: lots of decorative objects but also the dishes in the style of that time.

In the 1950 catalog, there are a number of productions created in 1935 especially collections of tableware flat sides as "A", SHELL, ECLAT, SEVERIN, RITZ, ASIA. It seems that the VAL SAINT LAMBERT have succeeded all too late to improve product quality LUXVAL produced between 1961 and 1975. Rarely found in certain parts CRYSTAL White initially produced a mold LUXVAL but sold under the name LUXVAL ..
"

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »
Thanks to you Sue, Chris & Greg - but I was aware this was a VSL prodsuct - and I had found the catalog shown by Chris (that is the Pamela's catalog I referred to).  I also found the reference Greg was able to find and the translated version makes good reading - BUT none of the photos in the original work any more.  So I am still looking for someone who may have a more recent catalog or whatever for enlightenment.

Ross

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 11:36:14 AM »
Genteel Bump.  Really looking for help on this .  It is a very, very nice bit.

Ross

Offline satsumaxx

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Luxval glass
    • Belguim
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 06:43:34 PM »
VASE "n° 92"

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 12:01:06 AM »
Thank you Satsumaxx.

People like you(and on occasion me) have knowledge they are willing to share and we glassies tend to be very generous with that knowledge.  I hope you are able to derive the benefits this group bring.

Ross

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand