No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Art Deco Float Bowl Figurine/Frog - ID help required - Czech/ Sowerby/Wather..?  (Read 689 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
I have been trying to pin-point a specific maker for this Art Deco Figurine/ Frog and wondered if it struck a cord with anyone.

I have seen two others online which have just been attributed to Czech and without the mention of a specific manufacturer. Also, whilst not identical, I have also seen a Sowerby figurine/frog, which seemed to have quite a few similarities, although not a complete match.

Measures 6 inches tall and clear frosted glass.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Greg
 :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
She's not Sowerby and I think probably Czech is still the current answer

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Greg.

• Members
Many thanks Christine and TC, much appreciated.

I had a feeling a maker may well not have been attributed.  I did see the Schweig Muller & Co figurines, they do seem similar, although as you mention TC, there are a few small difference to the dress etc.

Thanks for your help.

Greg

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Libochovice I think. Most of my books are still packed away, but anyone with Marcus's Sklo Union book can check the Libochovice before 1958 catalogue, I'm sure she's included there.

Offline Greg.

• Members
Many thanks Steven, much appreciated.

Unfortunately Markus's Sklo Union book is a book I don't have, although I sure the kind folk of the GMB will gladly confirm if she is Libochovice.

Thanks again.
Greg

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Nope, did not spot her in that catalogue (or any of the other '58 cats on the CD).

John

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Oh well, must have got it wrong then, but I'm still sure I've seen her in a catalogue fairly recently. It might have been in an edition of PK then instead. I am fairly sure she's Libochovice, or at least Czech, and seem to recall she's in the same catalogue with the penguin frog, but it could be my mind's playing tricks on me. Sadly I can't check my reference materials until I go back to Shanghai at the weekend.

Offline Greg.

• Members
Thank you for taking a look through Marcus's Sklo Union CD John, much appreciated.  :)

Thanks again Steven for your thoughts, I'll take another look at Libochovice online to see if i manage to find her.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand