No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large glass Isadora Duncan statue, Etling?  (Read 3506 times)

Offline msiscoe

• Members
Re: Large glass Isadora Duncan statue, Etling?
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 02:02:10 PM »
Here's one with the bob haircut, they must have made two versions of this lamp....

http://heartofohioantiques.biz/store/Glassware.html

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »
If you don't have the rolled bun hair style then the figurine is a G-130 which denotes a different hair style. As a side note Aladdin deco lamp figurines (and there are multiple Aladdin nude figurines G-70, G-50, G-130, G-163, G-77, G-375) are constantly mis-attributed as Lalique. Etling, etc. Some of the confusion exists because these were also available in the mid 30's in oplaescent. An example of the G-50 powder jar lamp (mine) is below in Pink Moonstone. Ken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline msiscoe

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »
Thank you everyone for your excellent information. Regarding the Etling/Sabino/Sevres connection, did D'Avesn also have links to Sevres?

Offline Mike M

• Members
    • http://www.manddmoir.com
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 03:36:54 PM »
When Sevres took over Choisy  Le Roi -P D'Avesn was working there looking after the Opalescent glass production -apparently.

He designed for them as well as running the production side and I believe was still designing for them right up to his death c1984 (at the grand old age of 83!)

I attach a classic of his that's been discussed before I think (and was the demise of some one in last year's Antique Mastermind!)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 08:15:08 PM »
Ken do you know if Aladdin did figurines as powder boxes as well as lamps please?  I've seen on another site that you have posted a bright green satin glass lamp.   I have a box link here
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,46789.msg263081.html#msg263081 that I am trying to id and it was just a thought - sorry for hijacking this thread :-[
thanks
m

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 09:39:29 PM »
Hi M. I saw this morning that you traveled over to the dark side where I reside & someone already answered your inquiry. Glad you made the trip & joined Christine. Ken

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 10:02:14 PM »
Thank you  :) I was having trouble managing to open any links on the site as my AVG kept blocking them once I'd posted.  I have now managed to find the other threads....but my head is spinning with a whole load of manufacturers who I have never heard of  ;D
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand