No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Many many glass puzzles  (Read 759 times)

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
Many many glass puzzles
« on: April 07, 2012, 01:14:59 AM »
Rather than ask about my dozens of unidentified glass items one by one, I have composed a page here on Google's Picasa.

These are a weird and wonderful lot, which glassies should find entertaining. Many of the items will be Australian studio glass or industrial friggers, but some will surely be of international origin. Comments and suggestions can be left on the Picasa page for all to see (probably needs a Google login to add a comment). If something shows particular interest, I'll submit a query to the Glass Message Board in the usual way.

I've managed to identify a few to my satisfaction. I've kept them on the page with a comment to explain what I've found.

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Many many glass puzzles
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 10:10:07 AM »
brewster you have some interesting pieces  :) and many unidentified  :o
it would be good to up load some to the board as then the people giving input will have their comments recorded here and the items will also be here.
Also letting people know where you are in the world helps.
38 looks interesting to me  :)
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 11:19:58 AM »
Puzzle 3 is Phoenician Glass, Malta pretty certain.
I think 25 is an echidna...?? Hokitika,  but not certain, I have seen this one before and will research for you.
I think 29 might be a Kiwi.  You have the maker already.
No 40,  Michael Larson ???
Are you in Oz??
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 09:22:01 AM »
Thanks rosieposie on the suggestion of Phoenician Glass, Malta for my Puzzle #3. I have found several similar bird paperweights on web sites, and also a vase with very similar colouring. I agree you have made a match. Unusually for Phoenician Glass, I think, my bird is not signed. I have posted in the photos of this item below for the convenience of other GMB users.

Most observers think #29 is an echidna (and the same may also be true of #25, as you suggest). Yes, I am located  in Australia.

To follow up on the other suggestion by flying free that Puzzle #38 is particularly interesting, I will post it separately (as suggested by board policy).

I have been given clear identification of #12 by Ross (ahremck on this board) as being by glass artist Eveline Schumann who is based in Melbourne. That is confirmed from a gallery web site here.

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 08:28:11 PM »
We ask for one item per topic please, as that way we don't get confused about what's being discussed. So long as you don't upload loads of queries at the same time it's not a problem. Batches of 3 or 4 topics spaced out are usually fine.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand