No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 2 Glass Caskets, Blue Opaline & Amber Crystal. Bohemian? French? Moser?  (Read 515 times)

Offline Patti3435

• Members
Hi. Looking for an ID in either or both of these pretty glass caskets. Someone thought Moser. Can anyone provide me with a positive ID or any other information? Thanks very much!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
http://pressglas-pavillon.de/index2.html   Click on english language link on left and select covered dishes and boxes. Have a look through these. Might give you a clue. Similar colours shapes etc
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
hello Patti  -  regret I'm unable to help with an attribution (I have something similar myself in this opaline/torquiose), but do remember when we've discussed Moser on here previously, there is reference to their numbering system - from which manufacturing dates can be calculated.   These numbers are on the base, usually.    Which is a roundabout way of saying that if you don't have a number then unlikely to be Baccarat  -I assume you've looked for any marks/numbers.                  However nice pieces :)

Offline dirk.

• Members
They donīt look pressed to me?
The blue one looks blue alabastro glass aka opaline bleu to me and should be dating somewhere
second half of the 19th century. Perhaps someone will be able to be a bit more precise. Hard to
tell where it comes from since these where made in France, Bavaria and Bohemia. Looking at the
decoration my hunch would be french, but thatīs just a guess.
The second amber one looks facet cut and should be 1920īs to 30īs. Iīd be surprised if we could
be able to pin it down to a specific maker.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Patti3435

• Members
Thank you very much Pete, Paul and Dirk for looking and commenting. I appreciate your knowledge.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand