No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: SADR trademark  (Read 470 times)

Offline findit13

• Members
SADR trademark
« on: April 13, 2012, 08:14:12 AM »
Hello,

I recently purchased a green glass bottle at an antique store in France. On the bottom of the bottle it says " SADR MARQUE DEPOSEE". I understand that marque deposee means trademark, but I can't find anything relevant regarding SADR (except that is means breast/center in arabic). The bottle has a pointy lid, and the bottle looks like something you might see in a pharmacy. I tried to post a couple photos, but it said the file was too big.  Does anyone know where this bottle originated from, what it was used for, or anything in general about it? I'm normally very good at researching things online, but "SADR" has managed to elude me completely. Any help would be greatly appreciated! When I purchased the bottle, I asked the sales lady if it was from France, and she said she was only sure about the works meaning trademark.

Thanks in advance

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: SADR trademark
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:51:08 AM »
I did a quick check and found there are quite a number of SADR in France - it is not a rare abbreviation. Sciences Agricoles er Developmenet Rurale, for instance - but there are others. For the rest, it sounds just like packaging glass from the early 20th century. a picture will help.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline findit13

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:24:24 AM »
I'll post another photo of the bottom of the bottle. Thanks for your help!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline findit13

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 09:25:17 AM »
and here's the bottom of the bottle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum