No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II  (Read 332600 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II
« Reply #380 on: February 22, 2014, 06:03:37 PM »
Oh Michael, you've been finding some of the most original Skrdlovice pieces!  Wonderful vase, and so odd that it's uni-colour (and completely uranium).   Thank you so much for sharing.

P.S.  I completely forgot that you already had a 'big lipped' vase!  What a lucky guy!

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #381 on: March 04, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »
Thank you, Anik! :D

Here is another very special piece, a beautiful vase designed by Jirina Zertova in 1968, PN 6817, 25 cm high.
Pieces from this range seem really hard to find, so I was thrilled when I spotted it at a Berlin fleamarket...

Michael

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #382 on: March 04, 2014, 10:11:25 PM »
Great piece Rocco!

Robert (bOBA)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #383 on: March 05, 2014, 02:50:32 PM »
Thank you, Robert!
Yes, isn't it :)

Surely one of my top five Skrdlovice pieces...

Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #384 on: March 07, 2014, 08:43:46 AM »
Michael, 

Great find. It would be one of my top five, too.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #385 on: March 11, 2014, 06:10:01 PM »
Oh Michael, you have a knack for finding some of the most desirable pieces...  what a super addition to your Skrdlovice collection!

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #386 on: April 01, 2014, 03:40:08 PM »
Hi,

I haven't posted much recently, as I'm finding Skrdlovice a little difficult to locate right now. I'm excited at the prospect to Robert and Jindrich's book coming out in April so perhaps that will stir the pot a little, as well as give us collectors something to pore over and ooh and aah for a while.

However, I did acquire these three pieces recently. The Oliva clear piece is not uncommon and I'm not wild about it. However, I haven't seen the Vizner opalescent piece before. It's from early on in his career at Skrdlovice, and looks a little Murano-like to me. The really unusual piece, I think, is the pulegoso with the metal base. Very Art Deco and early Skrdlovice. The mark on the base is "Hand Made Czechoslovakia" so I'm presuming it's 1945 but after the German surrender.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #387 on: April 01, 2014, 03:56:24 PM »
Three beautiful pieces, David!

I love the opalescent Vizner vase, great shape and even greater colours...
The Oliva piece is very nice, too, but I can see why it isn't the favourite of these three (at least for someone like me who likes his glass colourful ;) )
The only other of those early pulegoso pieces with a metal base I ever saw was in a Sypka auction catalogue, they must be really scarce.

Yes, it is getting harder and harder to find Skrdlovice designs which haven't been in this thread (which means in one of our collections).

Michael

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #388 on: April 01, 2014, 05:23:26 PM »

As always, a pleasure to look at this thread.  I don't 'see' these pieces over here - my eye isn't tuned to them at all so it's wonderful to be able to scroll through and see such fabulous collections.
I did have a Jelinek vase but it went to a friend this Christmas :) - she loved it as well.
After all this time (and there are many vase on this thread I love), I think I would like to own a pulegoso piece.  I shall now keep my eyes peeled  ;D
m

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #389 on: April 02, 2014, 12:34:08 PM »
Wonderful items, David, and like Michael, I'm most taken with the Vizner (love the color and shape).
The pulegoso piece is an exceptional find.

Like m, I haven't got an early Skrdlovice bubbly piece either but I'm hopeful that one will find it's way into my collection eventually.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand