Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II

<< < (92/97) > >>

bOBA:
Nice pieces David. I like your vase too Rocco, I hope the damage is not too severe....... still as you say, a rare thing. I have not seen the swans in the cased pulegoso before, I will find out a swan of mine in plain pulegoso for the thread...... Quite rare Vizners too. I agree that finding interesting Skrdlovice seems harder these days but Vienna (and Canada) still hides a few I am sure. Nice finds gents!

Robert (bOBA)

Anik R:
Yikes...  now I know I have to invest some time in studying the pattern books again:  Michael, I wouldn't have recognized your piece as Skrdlovice.  :-[    Super find, and I'm very impressed by your skill in being able to identify these uncommon designs. 

David, interesting additions to your collection, but I'm most taken with the green blue Vizner.

rocco:
Some 1950s/early 1960s pieces added:
1. I was looking for this one for quite a while: lovely Stahlikova/Veliskova beaked vase, opaque white inner casing, surrounded by a black band. PN 6005, 28.5 cm high.
2. big bowl by Emanuel Beranek, appr. 36 cm wide. PN 59108. Marvelously executed -- massive base, paper thin rim, totally underestimated pieces imho. (unfortunately not easy to photograph).
3. mystery piece: curvaceous bowl, 20 cm wide. It just has to be Skrdlovice. The closest I could find (not a perfect match though) is a design by Marie Stahlikova, PN 5623.
Again in the scarce yellowish opalescent colour, this time with a light rose-brown inner casing. No iridescence.

Michael

Anik R:
Once again, lovely additions, Michael.  I'm sure your home is looking more and more like a fabulous museum of glass.  ;)

The last piece is interesting though I can't seem to find it in the Skrdlovice pattern books either. It's got a bit of a Myers-esque quality to it.

rocco:
Thank you, Anik; true, the bowl above is a little mysterious, but I cannot think of another maker but Skrdlovice...

Some new purchases:
Always nice to find a piece I haven't seen but a small drawing of before:

- lovely bear-shaped ashtray, designed by Frantisek Zemek, PN 54166, 12 cm high.
Insterestingly it has an engraved mark to the base (the seller hadn't mentioned in his listing, so I was quite surprised when I unpacked the piece): "54166 ZEMEK".
So maybe a pattern room example?

- The trailed vase itself is not that unusual (Jirina Zertova "spider's web" range), but the colours are ;)

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version