No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Moser? Glass Slipper and a Vase I could use help with  (Read 894 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Moser? Glass Slipper and a Vase I could use help with
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 11:18:07 PM »
ironically it reminded me of the surface texture of Mont Joye pieces when I saw it.  However I do believe others used this texture or finish as well.  And the mark you show, very difficult to see, looks as though it could be an acid etched sig and the first letter looks like a 'v' as in the v from val st lambert as Ivo has said.
Maybe google Val st lambert sigs and see if you can find an acid etched mark which looks the same?  I'll have  a quick look to see if I can find one  :)

there is one here (scroll right down to bottom of page and the middle sig is the one I was thinking of
http://www.20thcenturyglass.com/glass_encyclopedia/glass_signatures/glass_signatures.htm
and another here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAND-ETCHED-VAL-ST-LAMBERT-GLASS-PLATE-WITH-WHEAT-EAR-DECORATION-ETCHED-MARK-/190681490978?pt=UK_Art_Glass&hash=item2c6580a622

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Catisfaction

• Members
Re: Moser? Glass Slipper and a Vase I could use help with
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 01:52:14 AM »
Interesting, I hadn't seen that VSL mark before.... Loving that web page!

I'll keeping poking around at VSL and see if I can come up with anything. No joy so far but you never know :D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand