No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: rubina verde opalescent vase - uranium cranberry with rigaree  (Read 2868 times)

Offline mrvaselineglass

• Author
  • Members
    • http://www.vaselineglass.org
Re: rubina verde opalescent vase - uranium cranberry with rigaree
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 12:21:19 PM »
'M'
You have a beautiful vase!  One of my favorite color combinations is cranberry with yellow uranium opalescent!  Unfortunately, a maker might never be definitively identified.  Every glass shop was capable of making this.  The opal ring where the foot attaches is just a byproduct of the piece slightly cooling just before a hot piece was added. 

This could have been done by Richardson, Webb, or Walsh.  If you decide to part with it (via eBay), please let me know so I can throw out a bid or two.

and to BFG:  I have since taken a newer photo of my double marmalade.  It was nice enough to go on the back cover of THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF OPALESCENT GLASS (7th Edition) by Mike Carwile.  Here is the raw photo:

http://www.vaselineglass.org/lemonpair5.jpg

If you do a book search for the 7th edition, a big Davidson epergne made from pressed glass made the front cover.  (but....that's ok, because that is also my glass and photo!)

Dave Peterson

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: rubina verde opalescent vase - uranium cranberry with rigaree
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 06:01:55 AM »
Thank you Dave, I will let you know if I decide to sell it.
Fantastic photo of the marmalades!
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand