Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Trinket Sets

Is this a Stölzle Hermanova trinket ‘set’ matching their 187.. / 188.. range?

(1/3) > >>

agincourt17:
Two pairs of pressed glass candlesticks (one pair in amber, and the other in light green]. 9cm high.

Hexagonal bases, and heavily angled ridges to stems and sconces.

ID's, comments or suggestions, please?

(Permission for re-use of these image on the GMB granted by chickenbabs61 and laddysplace  )

pamela:
Stölzle Hermanova matching their 187.. / 188.. range, I'd say. See Newhall CD Hermanova pre 1958 page 5  :)

agincourt17:
Thank you, Pamela.  The catalogue reference is a great help.

I think you are almost certainly correct, even though the candlesticks themselves are not shown on the Newhall CD catalogue. The tone of the green colour also seems to match that of other Stolzle Hermanova Hut pieces.

agincourt17:
A selection of trinket pots in amber and green pressed glass, all apparently in the same pattern.

All the domed lids have a flattened octagonal finial (with a depression the centre) atop a flattened horizontal circular boss. The lids and bodies of the pots are decorated with wide tapering ribs of smooth glass alternating with panels of stippled glass.

The base of one of the pots has smooth horizontal side handles.

The smooth ribs alternating with stippled panels remind me of the Walther Hubertus and Greta pots, but the finials are different.

IDs, comments or suggestions, please?

(Permission for re-use of image of the 2 amber pots on the GMB granted by chickenbabs61, the handled amber pot by shaunandgromitresideshere, and the green pot by laddysplace).

agincourt17:
A deep amber ‘set’, similar individual pieces of which I’ve already posted on GMB for ID. (Permission for the re-use of the image on GMB granted by rudifaneker).

On
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,49310.msg278099.html#msg278099
Pamela identified the angular ridged candlesticks as probably matching the Stölzle Hermanova 187../188.. range. The candlesticks were also shown in green.

On
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,49603.0.html
I posted photos of the lidded pots in amber and green, but no-one ID’d them as Stölzle Hermanova, though there is a strong resemblance to the 187xx  bowls.

I also have a photo of a similar tray in pale pink. (Permission for the re-use of the image on GMB granted by Jem Botticelli) .

Looking again at the pre-1958 Hermanova catalogue on Marcus Newhall’s Sklo Union CD-ROM, I think that the lidded pots could certainly match some of the 187../188.. range pieces, and there is no doubt in my mind that the alternating stippled and plain ridged panels on the lidded pots and the tray make a good match.

So, should this be regarded as a true set (Stölzle Hermanova or otherwise), or just some fortuitous mismatches mixed with misplaced optimism?

Opinions (or even photos of similar ‘sets’ in corroboration), please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version