No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Dolphin - Hokitika?  (Read 2805 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Glass Dolphin - Hokitika?
« on: March 17, 2012, 03:08:46 PM »
I was sold this last week on eBay, listing said it was Hokitika New Zealand - I have some Hokitika and it is fully marked to base so I wondered if this is right. Marked L or H A to base 98.

Thanks Adam

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Glass Dolphin - Hokitika?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 12:19:22 PM »
Hi Adam.  I have just had a look through my recently purchaesed "New Zealand Glass Art" book and in the original 1980 conference photo there is a Linley Adams who seems very likely to be your maker, rather than Hokitika Glass(which is run by CW & KJ(cant find the names but they are off a vase I bought last year) who as far as I am aware have been the makers since the beginning.  Actually reading closer they must be sons of the original founders.

The best person I know of to contact is Stuart Park (http://www.facebook.com/stuart.park3 or http://newzealandglass.blogspot.com.au/ ) as he has been collecting NZ glass for 30 years or so and helped me find out the maker of a pair of perfumes that I thought must be Australian.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »
Thanks Ross - the seller actually described item as Schroders Hokitika - I searched for Linley Adams and can only find the Poole ceramics designer of same name.

Adam

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 08:39:05 PM »
This is a few years on now,  but I found this interesting link that names Linley Adams as a glass artist,  so you may be able to get some information by contacting this glass group.

http://newzealandglass.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/nz-society-artists-in-glass-conference.html
Hope you haven't given up the search now. :)
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand