Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Mercury glass ashtray,id if possible.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Paul S.:
uhmmm..........you have a point, I think.         Isn't there also supposed to be a plug where the mercury went in??

Sorry, do you mean The National Archives office...........can be difficult to navigate  -  I think Anne has cracked it though - but not sure you can yet work down to individual Rd. level on the screen???

Paul S.:
assume you've had a look at Hajdamach - 20th Century Glass  -  there's a page or two there that should help.      I'm certain Ivo is correct.

Lustrousstone:
A registered design and a patent are not the same. One is a design; the other is a method of doing something or how something works in simplistic terms

Paul S.:
quite correct Christine  -  I wasn't reading the books properly..............Varnish and Thomson's patent for the double-walled silvered glass process was patented on 19th August 1849, so presumably nothing to do with July 1890.      However, still unsure about the apparent lack of a plug.

keith:
Thanks for all the input but after a busy week I'll read it all tomorrow when more awake and a little less tipsy ::) ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version