No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: walther and Brockwitz  (Read 7680 times)

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
Re: walther and Brockwitz
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 01:27:47 AM »
Hi Rex.

I don't have the brockwitz birds nor the sealions in my collection. Maybe Nigel can help you with that. I do have spare orla bowls in blue and pink. Not sure if you're interested on these?

There are a lot more rarer pieces that Im looking for. I don't have the koala vase in my collection but do have a kookaburra lamp made by bagley. Just one though, so will not sell it at this stage.

Also, May I ask which Czech figures you're after pls? Cheers

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 01:41:26 AM »
I would like any Orla bowls , would like any turtle girl , fish boy , flamingos ,and ribbon girl and the bowl they go in if possible , i have green fish ,turtle and ribbon but no proper bowl so i put them in walther green ones ,i have a green   ribbon girl in a large fortuna , I have a lot but it is all haphazard so trying to get it all together in order , i have just bought anything i ,(we like) it helps that partner likes what i do , i work wierd shift so get to bid on a lot of English glass , Thanks REX

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 01:53:37 AM »
Hi again.

I think the orla bowls are in the box at the moment. Will try to unwrap these boxes and come back to you. I only have one flamingo and one ribbon girl. I do have girl riding a turtle in blue and in pink. I paid too much for these pieces, therefore will keep them.

If not mistaken, I also have a spare blue muschel bowl (clear blue version) which I will consider to list in the next couple of weeks. Hope this helps...Cheers

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 08:09:20 AM »
Rex
Have you ever seen this other style of Essen bowl?
I didn't know there were 2 versions,the blue one is all over blue frosted while the pink is part frosted both having the ring in the middle.
I wonder which of these were used for the Mainz centrepiece?
My friend in Holland got me the blue Essen and so we did a swap.
Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 09:49:45 AM »
Hi Rex

Managed to find the blue Orla bowl and it is now being listed on ebay as buy it now / submit your best offer. It might not be worth that much, therefore ignore the starting price. If interested please feel free to submit your offer. Good luck and happy collecting.

Cheers :)

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 02:40:48 PM »
Nigel i will have a look in my walther catalog ,it has couple of pages missing , it tells you where they were sold and how much and sizesand colours ,all the range were not sold in some countries, it just says not available or unable to supply , REX

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 08:49:28 PM »
Rex
Thanks for that.
A friend asked me if you were interested in a complete blue frosted glass face jug set?
I still have lots to sell but as sales are poor at the moment I will keep them in storage when times are better.
Blue is not my favourite colour so thats why I usually list them-I have 2 blue Haarlems both have the 3 graces bowl on it,Blue arabella lamp,blue Kolibri vase,blue Shamrock set.I did have the blue Pierette clock but as you know I let that go as I got the green Pierette clock in the end.
I was chatting to a dealer last week at Newark and she said some Australian collectors come over to the fairs in the summer.To be honest glass is not around as much as it was and the downside is the stall holders go around day before public are allowed in and buy up all the good stuff if there is any.
I find a lot of glass at local auctions or through my friend in Europe.
Nige

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 02:55:37 AM »
i only got that set in blue 2 weeks ago from here in Australia , i would like a faces vase in any colour < I have just got my small fortuna with nelson column ,the birds are smaller than the big one and the column is slightly bigger on the base , so now i know that there is definately 2 different ones , one at 355 and one at 270mm , i wish i had a brockwitz catalog , thanks REX

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 03:31:41 AM »
My catalog shows it and it looks like the blue but it doesnt show very well ,it doesnt say in the description , the bowl is also used for the swallows as well , in the catalog it gives a separate price for all the 2 and 3 piece items and they could be used in multiple displays , i was told when first starting out that this went with that and now i know can use same bowl ,figure in different configurations , Will have to have a closer look under my wifes quiltting magnifier , i need glasses < REX

Offline oyemicanto

• Members

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand