No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: hi i have another 3 pieces i would be grateful of I.D?  (Read 371 times)

Offline ROB112

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • GLASS COLLECTING
    • DERBYSHIRE
hi i have another 3 pieces i would be grateful of I.D?
« on: March 20, 2013, 09:27:58 AM »
what a helpful site this is.....i'm new to this collecting and i have 3 vases?that if any of you could help I.D for me?
...thanks for your help..im impressed.
if you want to reply as "first single picture vase is ..........that would be great.(easy for me to follow...LOL)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: hi i have another 3 pieces i would be grateful of I.D?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »
Hi and welcome!  :)
Pretty please, would you start a new thread for each single piece of glass?
We reckon here that each piece deserves its own thread and it keeps things clear and easy for everybody to follow.
Perhaps if you start the threads for two of these, one of our lovely moderators will tidy things up here and make it a thread for the first piece alone. Thanks - and don't worry about it - you're new. We were all new once.  :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 11:43:39 AM »
Hi Rob,  welcome to the board and hope you continue to enjoy your glass collecting cos it is quite addictive!!
A couple of points to help you and also help us to help you.

It is best to add each piece as a separate listing so that there is no mix up with identifications and is easier for future reference when other members are looking for information.

When you add pictures of your glass, a picture of the base is always helpful as so often manufacturers have specific ways of finishing the base and can help with identification. A picture of the rim and dimensions are also very helpful.

The larger the picture the better as we then see detail that might otherwise be missed, and a title that has some info as to the type of item helps as it attracts the appropriate collector's attention. So for example 'Help needed with I D of tall blue footed vase' will get the vase collectors attention.

All that said,  I only collect animals and birds,  so can't help with identifying your vases,  but hope the pointers I have given will help you in your thread listings.
Good luck collecting,
Rosie. :)

I see Sue has also mentioned this at the same time...hope you find out who the makers are. :)
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 12:12:32 PM »
Ditto what the other two said. However, my guess would be modern Chinese or Eastern Europe for all of them I'm afraid.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand