No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Frosted Satin Glass Vase - Rose Pattern - Pressed Glass - Marked Czechoslovakia  (Read 922 times)

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
I am looking to ID this vase I have had for a number of years. It is a very satiny feeling frosted glass and is covered with a rose and rose leaves pattern on the surface. The flowers protrude quite a bit from what would have been the spherical surface of the vase. There is a small geometric pattern on the surface as a background to the leaves and Roses. Marked underside, as part of the mold, Made In Czechoslovakia in a slight arch and small letters - All Caps and not super distinct.

The vase measures 8 inches tall and 8 inches in diameter. the mouth is 4 inches on the outside of the rim and the foot is also about 4 inches.

Any suggestions are welcome.

TIA
Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline meegs

• Members
Hi Craig,
I could be way out of left field here but I felt I'd seen this design very recently in a catalogue picture. I threw the "Sklo Union" CD into the drive and to me this vase shows similarities to a vase illustrated on page 31 of the Libochovice Catalogue reference no. 2002 with a 200mm height and diameter

Cheers
meegs

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
certainly has a lot of similarity  -  on my disc it's showing on page 29, second from the left on bottom row - perhaps there were variations of the disc. :-\ 

But then again design 1918 is also similar, with roses and leaves etc which look to be in greater relief perhaps than 2002...........although appreciate that 1918 is a different shape.

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
Craig, does your vase have the same neck structure as the ones featured in this article on my website?

http://www.thistlewoods.net/Czech-Bulbous-Vases.html

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Hi Glen, It looks a little different. I have attached a couple of images. One of them also shows the geometric background detail on the vase.

Hi Meeg and Paul. I do not have the book or CD...  This is generally not my kind of glass....  just a piece I picked up many years ago....

Craig

Offline hugosanti

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
Hi! Beautiful Vase! I found this vase at a Libochovice catalogue with the number 2002.
(the las one at the second row)
Take a look:

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Thanks to everyone. That is the vase #2002. Can anyone tell me what date range the vase would be from?

Thanks again to all...

Craig

Offline meegs

• Members
certainly has a lot of similarity  -  on my disc it's showing on page 29, second from the left on bottom row - perhaps there were variations of the disc. :-\ 
Hi Paul,
I'm sure we are on the same page; 29 hand written on the catalogue and page 31on the file!

I'm quite awestruck with many of the vases on that page I harbour deep desires to collect them all.... but don't tell my husband :)

meegs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand