No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need advice & help with this old paperweight  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Nick77

• Members
Re: Need advice & help with this old paperweight
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 09:45:19 AM »

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 09:49:30 AM »
Ahhh THANKS Alan I was trying to be subtle as using the forum , I was pretty sure you would know but he said he had asked so many people with no result .

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline hunter-g

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass, Paperweights, Inks
    • USA
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 10:30:45 PM »
Sorry, if it's one step removed from topic (What a sweet weight, btw!!!) but I've been trying to find a similar corollary to getting on what appears to be the "Short" line in the supermarket, only to find that it invariably it will prove to be the slowest!. There has to be a word for it somewhere in the oxy-dictionary but I've yet to find a copy!
/h-g

Hi.  Two and a half inches would be unusually small for a Bacchus, so I suspect it may be a bit bigger if measured exactly at its widest point.

I have the same problem as Nick - any box of bits and bobs I have (or acquire) usually contains nothing of any value or interest....but that is how it has to be: if everyone had a Bacchus (or anything considered rare) in their cupboard, or found one every time they went to a charity shop, they would not be rare, and we would not be talking about them. (I am sure there is a name for that concept - it is a bit like the 'weak anthropic principle' for the existence of life on earth, but applied to a narrow class of objects...any philosophers out there who can enlighten us?)

Alan

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand