No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Keith Murray Bubble Vases Stevens Williams  (Read 1116 times)

Offline selina

• Members
Keith Murray Bubble Vases Stevens Williams
« on: May 02, 2013, 02:59:57 PM »
Hi Boardies,

I have a controlled bubble vase that I got from the UK. I have had some murano and other vases and bowls and this one seemed a bit 'boring' compared to them. Different thickness of glass and an olive green colour that wasn't as exciting as some of the other ones I have. Relegated to a cupboard it wasn't taken back out until I came across an ebay item by accident...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Art-Deco-bubbled-glass-vase-by-Keith-Murray-for-Stevens-Williams-/121087006391?pt=UK_Art_Glass&hash=item1c315916b7

Mine is a slightly different green but the resemblance was enough to make me get it out of the cupboard. Mine is a smaller bowl and I'm not saying mine is the same but I can't find anything to compare it with. Not even a base shot in the few I've found. My bowl came in a lot of three with another being unidentified as yet, and one which turned out to be a Goldberg vase.

Can anyone help me with some more information on these controlled bubble vases? Mine is unsigned of course and will probably turn out to be nothing but you never know. I will post the other one of the trio on here soonish.. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out. :)
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
Re: Keith Murray Bubble Vases Stevens Williams
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 03:23:58 PM »
Hi, your vase is Whitefriars..... 9377 if it's around 3" high or 9293 looks sea green.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107067405711297858658/Whitefriars9377SeaGreenLobedGlassVase?authkey=Gv1sRgCP3Ox5PHlM-NsAE

Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 03:47:45 PM »
Thanks Chris :)
Super fast ID...!

Sad its not a super desirable one LOL
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 02:34:59 PM »
Look quite nice at night with a little tea light inside.

Chris  :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand