No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Weird Bohemian Optic Ribbed Bowl With Applied Blue Snakes & ''Prunts'' - Help!  (Read 469 times)

Offline charliepedro

• Members
Hi guys,

Has anyone seen anything like this before? A weird & quite fascinating thing I'm sure you'll agree. It weighs 350 grams and measures 14 x 9.5 x 7.5cm high. Would you agree with early 20thC bohemian...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Charlene

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Harrach I would say and my large jug version dates to 1878/1879 from the actual pattern book.  No idea what date yours would be but would guess around that time.
this is mine
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,50218.msg283705.html#msg283705

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline charliepedro

• Members
Thanks very much M - whoah! your jug is sublime!!! From looking at various other pieces online too I don't think there's any doubt - sorry for my ignorance :/ Could you recommend a good book on the company at all please? Again, really appreciate your willingness to help. All the best, Charlene :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Hi Charlene
no, I can't recommend a book I'm afraid, I don't have the Harrach book - it sounds good though.
Your bowl may be a little later than my jug, looking in Truitt's Bohemian Glass 1880-1940 page 64 there is a bowl top left that seems as though it might be a similar shape and colour to yours, it's optically ribbed I think although difficult to tell .  The applications and enamelling on it though are different and it has a drip rim in blue.  They date it to c.1890 in there.  All I can say is that mine is optically ribbed as well and has the same snakes and prunts and shows in the pattern book as 1878/79.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand