No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jade Glass  (Read 1162 times)

Offline lissa

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • united states
Re: Jade Glass
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 02:46:53 PM »
Hello-
Thanks for taking interest and responding!   I think the goblet/candy jar is a Northwood,  the seam goes to the right of the "ray" that comes down on the foot --the reference page on chataboutdg (link Pamela sent below) that Suzanne provided and the ebay person(name missing) said was an indicator between the Fenton and the Northwood to identify them.   The bowl has nothing on it to really identify it as either one at least not that I have found
So you think 1920's, opaque  I was attempting to list it accurately on Ebay --this has been a lot of fun!
Thank you all so very much~~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 04:17:26 PM »
Yes as a gereral rule most U.S. opaques, Cambridge, Northwood, Fenton, Beaumont, etc. were produced from 1922 to 1928 when they fell out of favor.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 04:36:30 PM »
If you are wanting to sell these you really would be well advised to find out if they contain uranium - uranium content can make a bit of green glass a lot more desirable to your market.  :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline lissa

• Members
    • glass
    • united states
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 06:02:30 PM »
THANK YOU OHIO  AND CHOPIN-LISZT  I WILL HEAD OUT TO BUY A BLACK LIGHT AND CHECK IT OUT
I WILL UPDATE MY FINDS!

Offline jsmeasell

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 02:28:51 PM »
Both the candy jar base and the bowl are Northwood 1923-25, as they ceased production in late 1925 and closed for good. The mould joint mark information to differentiate between Fenton and Northwood candy jars (both half-pound and one pound) was devised by Berry Wiggins and Frank M. Fenton, so I hope they are properly credited on the web page you found. Look closely at the bowl and you will see that the foot was once a separate piece; these bowls are known with black foot as well, and a white foot version is very scarce.
James Measell, Historian
Fenton Art Glass Co.

Offline lissa

• Members
    • glass
    • united states
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 03:32:57 PM »
JSMEASELL-
Thank you for the information on these, I can't tell you how much this forum has helped.  I have met some of the nicest people, not to mention knowledgeable!
I can list with some interesting facts about the pieces--will most likely still have to make a run at finding a candy jar lid! Half the fun is the search--and of course now I will have to search for the elusive white footed version....
Again, thank you so much for sharing your expertise
take care
Lissa D

I will also check the info to make sure that it is credited correctly!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand